I’ve been planning to redecorate my bedroom for the longest time and I finally put my money where my mouth is and did it. Being the holidays, this was a perfect time to shop and shop and shop for furniture and decor pieces since most stores have sales. 99.99% of the items in the bedroom are all sourced from Nairobi, stores in Nairobi and online shops based in Nairobi. I did this on purpose to show that we do have variety here even though it’s not enough. If you haven’t yet, watch the video first, then go through this post. You’ll get to see my ratchet before bedroom.
For my walls I used Crown Paints Silk Emulsion in Pebble Grey and for my doors and wardrobes I used Crown Paints Gloss in Old Lamppost. My Fundi Pascal always comes through (0723205073) I’ve listed where I got everything, it’s original price (if it was on sale) and the contacts or location or a link.
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW
I got the grey tufted bed, the grey tufted bench, the site tables and lamps from Odds and Ends. Odds and Ends carry very beautiful furniture that you wouldn’t find anywhere else in Nairobi. They had a 20% off sale which ends on 31st December 2017. What I got from them fit my budget and they have good quality, unique pieces. Odd and Ends is located on Mombasa Road and in Westlands. Find their location here.
- Adler Tufted Bed (Queen Size) – kes 70,000 after 20% off kes 56,000
- Adler Tufted Bench – kes 20,000 after 20% off kes 16,000
- 2 Bedside Cabinets – kes 40,000 after 20% off kes 32,000
- 2 Bedside Lamps – Kes 20,000 after 20% off 16,000
- Comfort Coil Elite Mattress (Queen Size) – kes 52,000 after 20% off kes 41,600
- Soft White Fluffy pillows from Tuskys – kes 500
- White Duvet is a Kings Collection one – I’ve had it for a while now.
- White Pillowcases from Mr. Price – Kes 750 for a set
- Yellow/Gold Print Pillows from Lukinya International Ent (Green House Mall, Ground Floor) – Kes 5000 for both after 30% off Kes 3,500
- Grey Blanket from Lukinya International Ent – kes 6500 after 30% off 4550.
- Faux Sheep Skin Cushion – Gifted
- Black and White small pillow from Decor Heaven – kes 1,500
On Ken’s side of the bed I kept it very simple and added very few and minimal accessories. I added a clock (Beware, the alarm is hella noisy), a silver frame and a fake battery operated candle.
- White Bedside Alarm Clock from House of Leather – Kes 1,000
- Battery Operated Candle from Lukinya International Ent – Kes 800
- Small Silver Frame 13 x 18 cm from TACC – Kes 575
- White Lit Up Z from Elysian Living at Green House Mall – Kes 1,000
- Silver Frame 13 x 18 cm from TACC – kes 575
- White Vase from House Of Leather – Kes 1,000
- Fake Leaves from House Of Leather – Kes 400 each
- Bedside Mirrors from House of Leather – Kes 1,500 each
- Big White Candle from House Of Leather – kes 800
- Small White Candle from House Of Leather – Kes 600
- Sliver Glitter Frame from TACC – kes 600 ( Not Sure)
- Silver Frame from TACC – kes 855 on sale for 640
- Black Vases from House of Leather – Kes 300 each
- Fake Hydrangeas from Decor Heaven – Kes 400 each
- Black Chandalier from Creative Innovations (Nakumatt Mega) – Kes 7,995
- Wall To Wall Carpet from Eastligh – Call Benson 0725686008 – Kes 600 per meter sq. My room is 19msq. I spent 11,400